MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL
Mr. Abdelkader GOURARI
At the Lycée international Balzac.
Since its inception in 2001 and its official recognition by the French education system in 2006, the Lycée international Balzac has acquired brilliantly the organisational and educational values and qualities that allows it to support all its students to achieve success and excellence.
This beautiful performance can only happen thanks to a benevolent support and close to the needs of each child and student.
- Who am I?
- A French citizen and a citizen of the world, married and father to 2 children
- Employee on the French National Education since 2005
- Certified director since 2017 (middle school and high school)
- Certified economics and management teacher in high school from 2007 to 2017
- Some achievements at the Lycée international Balzac since my arrival in September 2021:
- Implementing the institution’s plan’s pillars in order to develop a school culture that aims toward excellence
- Overseeing the students’ education in relation with all the personnel (teachers, CPE, health team, and all the other school services)
- Designing and organising the school schedule which allows all the people included (students, school personnel, … ) to find balance and serenity in their daily lives.
- Organising the National exams as well as the different diplomas and certificates (PIX, DELE, Evalang) and piloting the school life.
- Participating in the development of the different paths (future, cultural, health and citizen) that were established by the French education offered to each student
- Encouraging the student’s personal work through educational support system (extra work and personalised support)
- Improving the school climate through carefully thought-out actions and clear, concrete, and measurable procedures.
- Developing and overseeing the student’s educational journey through ambitious, serene and strengthened link between nursery, primary and secondary school.
- Managing and optimising the support for students having a particular need through a drop-out prevention group.
- Coordinating the school’s digital and computing system (Pronote, EDT, managing IPADs) in collaboration with the school IT department and the MLF.
- Encouraging a dynamic network of connection through internal partnership inside the MLF or outside.
- Encouraging a collaborative educational model with families based on listening, exchanging, confidence, and what we ask from the students.
- Giving students a voice through different activities (Middle school and high school life council, eco-representative elections).